Workout Guides - Donkey Kick
4. Donkey Kick
- Loop band just above your knees.
- Start on all fours with your knees under your hips and hands under your shoulders. This is your starting position.
- Kick your left leg back, straightening it until it is parallel to the ground. Hold for 2 seconds.
- Return your left leg to floor for 1 rep.
- Continue on the same side for 10 reps.
- Switch sides and repeat.
Tip: The more time you spend holding while at the top, the longer the muscle is under tension —this forces your glute to work harder. The biggest booty burners are when you’re holding the move.
Primary muscles: Glutes, Hip flexors
Secondary muscles: Abs
Beginners are recommended to start with the Light Green band (lowest resistance).