Soles Pressed Together
2. Glute Bridge & Open
- Place band just above your knees.
- Lie on your back with your elbows at your sides, hands facing upwards, knees bent, and soles of feet pressed against each other on the floor. This is your starting position.
- Squeeze your glutes and abs and lift your hips a few inches off the floor. Keep your feet pressed together.
- Hold the bridge for 2 seconds, and push your knees out to the sides.
- Slowly return your knees to touch and return to the starting position for 1 rep.
- Do 10 reps.
Tip: Keep your pelvis tucked under, with no arch in your back, and pull your belly button to your spine to maintain correct form. For an easier version, press your soles against the floor instead of against each other.
Primary muscles: Glutes
Secondary muscles: Core, Hips, Inner thighs
Beginners are recommended to start with the Light Green band (lowest resistance).