Dark Green (Medium)
5. Side Lunges
- Place band around your ankles.
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart. Keep your hands at your chest. This is your starting position.
- Step your left leg out to the side and transfer your weight to it.
- Use your left leg to push yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat with your right leg for 1 rep.
- Do 10 reps.
Tip: While doing the side lunge, squeeze your abs, keep your back straight and face forward. Keep your toes pointing in the same direction as your knees and both feet flat on the ground.
Primary muscles: Glutes, Quads, Inner thighs
Secondary muscles: Hamstrings
Beginners are recommended to start with the Light Green band (lowest resistance).