3. Fire Hydrants
- Place band just above your knees.
- Start on all fours with your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips. This is your starting position.
- Without shifting your hips, lift your right knee out to the side.
- Slowly return to starting position for 1 rep.
- Do 12 reps. Switch sides and repeat.
Tip: Keep your core engaged, so you are stabilized and not shifting your hips. You also want to try and keep constant resistance in the band, so if that means you don’t come all the way back down to the ground, it is fine.
Primary muscles: Hips, Glutes
Secondary muscles: Core, Thighs
Beginners are recommended to start with the Light Green band (lowest resistance).