Workout Guides - Clamshell
- Place band above your knees.
- Lie on your side, with your head resting on your bottom hand. Elevate your feet to hip height (if you can), ensure that your knees are together with the lower knee touching the floor. This is your starting position.
- Keep your feet together as you lift your top knee toward the ceiling.
- Slowly lower the top knee down to hover right above the bottom knee. That’s 1 rep.
- Do 12 reps. Switch sides and repeat.
Tip: If it’s too difficult to open up your knees with your feet in the air, leave them on the ground and do the same movement. This is a great activation exercise to do before any lunges or squats.
Primary muscles: Hips, Glutes
Secondary muscles: Inner and Outer thighs
Beginners are recommended to start with the Light Green band (lowest resistance).