Workout Guides - Glute Kickback
5. Glute Kickback
- Place band around your ankles.
- With your hands at your chest or on your hips, shift all your weight into your right leg and place your left toes on the ground about an inch diagonally behind your right heel, so there is tension in the band. This is your starting position.
- Squeeze your abs and tuck your pelvis under as you kick your left leg back about 6 inches. Keep the knee straight.
- Return your left foot to the ground, keeping tension in the band, for 1 rep.
- Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat.
Tip: If you feel your lower back arching when you kick, make the movement smaller. Try not to put any weight in the raised leg as it comes back down to the ground.
Primary muscles: Glutes
Secondary muscles: Hips, Lower back, Core, Thighs, Calves
Beginners are recommended to start with the Light Green band (lowest resistance).